|Table of Contents|
illumos Day / ZFS Day
Final videos and slide decks gradually going up here.
This is the home of the illumos project, the fully the open community source fork of the Sun's OpenSolaris operating system.. Launched in 2010, the project enjoys financial and technical support from several key companies which rely on the illumos kernel as the technological foundation for their own products, as well as the backing of a growing developer community.
- History and... philosophy: Fork Yeah! The Rise and Development of illumos - Bryan Cantrill's talk at USENIX LISA '11.
- Current Events
- Sponsors and Partners
- Who's Who in illumos
- Current Events in illumos
- NEW: Search all illumos-related sources.
Talk to Us
- Mailing Lists
- irc: irc://irc.freenode.net/ #illumos on http://freenode.net/ freenode. This channel is logged and you can see statistics.
- Local User Groups and MeetUps
- illumos blog (the latest news about illumos)
- OpenSolaris Documentation
- napp-it ZFS server manuals. Collaborate and create manuals under a open CC-licence using booki.cc
- illumos manual pages (online, HTML)
- illumos Hardware Compatibility List (HCL)
- illumos books (repo, bugs reporting, etc.: https://github.com/rmustacc/illumos-docbooks)
Key illumos Technologies
- DTrace - dynamic tracing to observe everything going on in your system
- ZFS file system
- Zones virtualization
- Network Virtualization
- KVM kernel virtual machine